Friday, August 2, 2013

Bakeshop Baby Quilt- Boho Fabric


  I just finished my simple stacked squares quilt and had quite a bit of Boho fabric left.  I had 1 charm pack, leftovers from a charm pack, leftovers from a jelly roll as well as some white fabric. 


 
  I always look for inspiration on the internet and here's what I came up with...
 
 

  I wanted to get rid of all of the fabric I had from this collection.  I hate having "just a bit" left, I never end up using it.
 
  If your looking for a simple but beautiful quilt here you go.   The quilt ended up being an oversized baby or toddler quilt 42" x 52".  I always make my baby quilts bigger because I have a child and you can't use those little dinky ones very long. 

 
  Besides the squares framed in white, I cut all my jelly rolls and left over charm squares into 2 1/2" x 5" strips.  I then sewed them all together to frame my white framed boxes.
 

 
  I had so much left over of my sewed together strips I used it for the binding as well.


  It is really fun top stitching these little quilts. They don't take much time.  I found a nice complimentary design to go along with the patterns on the fabric.   A flower swirl pattern in white thread.  Really happy with how this one turned out.







 
 
:)

 





No comments:

Post a Comment